Sunday, September 16, 2007

So sore!

This is my new favorite machine at the gym. It's called the "Ab Coaster" and dang does it work! My abs are so sore today, which is a wonderful feeling, but still, soreness is soreness! The great thing about this machine is that you can't cheat on it. It's completely up to you to move your body, and you can add up to 40 additional pounds for even more resistance if you so please! I only added ten, but hopefully I'll continue to increase the resistance, and even more the strength in both my abs as well as my obliques (the muscles diagonally on your sides). See, the cradle where your legs rest, pivot so you can not only work your rectus abdominus & transverse abdominus, but also your obliques adbominus as well! (Thought I'd through in the actually names of the muscles!)

Anyway so I'm still sore, but honestly it's a great thing. I did a bunch of strength training and not a whole lot of cardio. I have a half marathon that I'm running with a friend in a little over a month and need to get back to running more but didn't want to burn out either. The next month I'll be back to running on a regular basis and really watching what I'm eating and such. It should be a good thing overall anyway! We'll see how the next month plays out! Should be fun! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: