Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Count down...

The count down begins... 31 days until race day! This will be my second half marathon, and my friends first! It's October 20th, 7:00 am, here in Kansas City; the City of Fountains! I haven't really trained much for this half, mainly because I don't really have much pushing me like I did the previous half. Still I want to finish with a reasonable time, but still have fun at the same time. Some of you might think that is impossible being that I'll be running 13.1 miles, but believe me, it's so much fun, and unless you've done it, you really wouldn't understand. I was in pain with the first one from the massive blisters that I got, but that wasn't about to stop me. Almost the entire run I was singing, yelling, giving high fives, etc., because that's just what we runners are like. We don't really care what people think of us, mainly because we already know that most "non-runners" already think we're crazy anyway, so we might as well live up to that! Anyway, so a month away, and many miles to log before the start of another race. Until then, it will be a race for me everyday to get to the gym and work out (or on the streets as the case may be)! So here goes nothing, although I'm pretty sure it's something! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

You go girl!!

Oh, and I thought you were crazy before I knew you were a runner :)