Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fighting the cold season...

It's been a while since I posted last, but I've been a bit busy with exams and papers on my plate. This past weekend I was studying for my OChem exam, which was incredibly boring, but I got through a lot more than what I was expecting. Sunday evening I was starting to feel a little under the weather which was not cool at all because my test was Monday which meant that I was going to take my exam not feeling well. So Monday I take the test, and then headed to the gym for a bit of a workout. However because I was feeling so lousy I only did a short workout before ending it. I decided to try and get this cold out of here before it really gets a good hold, so I went to the store to pick up some Ester-C, Alka-Seltzer Plus (Day & Night), and orange juice. I drank all of the 64 ounces of OJ within a matter of a couple hours, and took the Ester-C, and Alka-Seltzer Plus (daytime) and in a matter of a couple hours was feeling much better! I also went to bed incredibly early...I was actually in bed by 9:00pm, and was asleep shortly after and slept for about 12 hours! I'm sure part of that was due to the fact that I had taken the night time dose of the Alka-Seltzer Plus a couple hours prior. Anyway, I'm feeling tons better today, and thankfully didn't have to go anywhere today so I was able to rest up, and take care of myself a little more than usual. Finals are coming up so I doubt I'll post much, if at all until after I head home for break, so have a nice week or so!

Over and out!
Lo!

2 comments:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

In my head I put Alka Seltzer with stomach aches, not colds. What am I missing?

Laura said...

Well, it can if you're getting the Alka-Seltzer Flu, but other than that it's congestion and cold mainly. I know quite a few people that thought that it had to do with heart burn and such...not exactly sure why that is...