Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Running & Realizations...

Well today I decided to go for a run! There is this trail just a little bit from my apartment complex that I figured I would check out. It goes all the way in to Kansas (Okay, so that really isn't all that far from me, but apparently it goes pretty far both directions!)! Anyway, I thought it would be good to get out and start running again. Also it's always been an amazing thing for my spiritual life to work out, but especially running. I ran about a mile and a half, and walked some...I haven't gone running in a while so I need to work back up to a solid mileage count. So literally the entire time (yes, the ENTIRE time) I was running, I was also praying. While I was running and praying I had a light bulb go off! I wasn't sure at first, but then I knew it! So here goes...

I was praying that I would find a church out here that I could consider my home church.
Then it hit me!
BAM!
Even though I miss my church back home, it's just a church!
(I know what you're thinking...Hello! Of course it's only a church!)
It's just bricks, windows, wood, mortar, nails, steal and bolts.
That's not all that it is to me though...its so much more:
An extended family that I dearly miss...it's hard leaving a place you love to work at!
I have grown so much in my relationship with God, as well as friendships and relationships with my family.
This was the first place I really felt connected, that I really felt like I mattered to God and the people around me. I made a difference! WOW!
But then it it me again!
BLAM!
It's just a church...
God is still with you, wherever you go!
Your friends will be your friends because you're to stubborn to let that dissipate.
Your family....well, you're stuck with them...and I'm glad I am!
It's just a building...
that I will remember has made some amazing things happen in my life.
It's just a community...
that has touched many lives...mine being one!
It's just...that's just it...it's only these things...
God is very present in my home church, and in my relationships, but He won't let go of me now, and I couldn't be more thankful for His promise to hold me tight to Him.
So there you go...that was my realization as I was running/praying. I'm hoping that I stay diligent to running...not only to physically get back in shape, but also to spiritually get back in S.H.A.P.E.! (For you Granger people you know what I mean there.) Well I need to go replenish my body & soul...so off for some lunch and Jesus time! Over and out!
Lo!

No comments: