Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to SB...for a few days...

Well it's been really great being back home and being able to hang out with my friends a few more times before my classes start up. I was able to surprise a few friends, which was really awesome! Their reactions were priceless! I wish I could have video taped them! Church was really great on Sat. and it was really wonderful to be back there.

Sunday I hung out with some friends from high school, which hasn't happened in a long time, so we got to catch up with each other and just enjoy each others company. I ended up staying up until almost 1am talking with two of my girlfriends about life and where it's taking each of us, and looking back at the past year. Wow how things seem to be changing so quickly! Ah, but we, the five of us, decided to adopt a little Chinese girl...which we will name her, Helen of Troy asparagus Ulga Taco Pong. It's a mouth full, so we'll shorten it to Taco Pong when we're just hanging with her. So, we'll each have her for two months, and we'll of course have to home school her because it would be too difficult to transfer schools every couple months. So far none of our parents seem to back the idea....I can't figure out why!? Ha!

Monday I made lunch for a friend of mine, then took my new puppy (okay, so she's about 5, but she's new to me!) around to see a few people. Because of the inclement weather I decided to stay in and watch Teenwolf with my parents, and Scruffy. Then I was out to find a few things that I needed to pick up for school. After getting back I made pasta sauce! Yep, home grown tomatoes, fresh garlic, basil, oregano, etc.! It was so much fun!

Tuesday (today), I went with my former co-workers up to a camp to help get things spruced up. So I got to trim hedges, move rocks, mulch, more rocks, etc. After our long day of working we went and got some amazing ice cream! I couldn't believe how much I ate! I literally was eating ice cream for about 45 minutes! That's a lot of ice cream! Then it was home to clean up, then I took my pasta sauce to a friends house to have dinner and hang out, which was really wonderful...yum!

So, I'm home now, and about to turn in because I'm beat! Tomorrow I get to hang out with a few people that I haven't even really seen in a couple months, so that is very exciting! Well, I better check out before I fall asleep here! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: