Sunday, April 15, 2007

The lid off my head...

I feel like I've been on a roller coaster the past month. A lot of twists and turns, with some huge drops, and some amazing peeks. I wish that there was some way that I didn't have to get on this thing, but that's life. I know that I'll eventually get off this coaster, and soon enough get on a different one. Maybe not as steep or with as many sudden drops, but I know that that's just how life goes. There has been some really amazing things that have taken place the past month, but even though they are so amazing, they are still taxing emotionally, especially when I'm already emotionally spent. Something that really stuck out to me at church today though I think really goes along with all of this. The pastor said, "Character rises to the top over time and under pressure." I couldn't agree more. It is during the times that we are under stress and in situations that our character is most displayed, and inspected. We can either choose to learn from the situations that we are in and take away as much as we can and mature in these situations; or throw a fit, whine and complain throughout the whole thing and really look like a big mess. I don't feel like I've been throwing a fit, but I don't know that I've been learning as much as I should through these situations either. I know that I still need to sort things out and move on with some of them. I know that some things are going to get more difficult before they get better, but I also know that I have some amazing friends in my life that are here for me; with support, love and prayer. For now though, I just need to keep my head up, and my feet pointed in the right direction. Over and out.

Lo

No comments: