Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More pain!?

Well if it is possible, and I know it is, I am in more pain than I was before. Even more pain than I was with my other ankle. I am beyond frustrated and am not really sure what to do. I did an ice plunge tonight after I got home from work. (An ice plunge is where you submerge your injured extremity in ice and water for up to 7 minutes, but if you feel that it is starting to have a burning sensation take it out immediately. Then let the extremity warm back up on its own.) After the ice plunge, I elevated it for a while and then had a pineapple smoothie which is also supposed to help keep the swelling down. I also ended up putting Biofreeze on it to help with the pain. I'm trying really hard to keep from taking any medications but I had to give in today and take some ibuprofen and some naproxen sodium later in the evening.

What is really starting to scare me is that the race is now less than 6 weeks away and I am still unable to run, or really do any training for that matter. As much as I don't want to think about it, I almost have to at least consider not being able to run the race. That thought scares me to no end. I don't want to give up this goal, and feel that I'm giving up on so much more. I know that I wouldn't be giving up, just putting it off to another race, but in my mind the two can't be separated. It's a hard line to draw. I don't feel that it is just an easy decision to make. It will take some serious prayers and thoughts to figure out what I really should do. I'm going to see if I can move my chiropractor appointment up and see if there is anything that can be done to help. Ah, I'm just so upset and completely annoyed by the whole thing. I just want to be able to walk like a normal person again! Over and out.

Lo

No comments: