Saturday, April 21, 2007

PAIN!!!

UGH! Well it's exactly 6 weeks until the race, and I am down and out, again! I haven't been able to run for a week now, and don't plan to run until Monday at the earliest. I've been tracking the pain to see where its hurting exactly and what movement I am doing to create the pain. Much easier said than done for sure. It seems to be the same area that was in pain on my right ankle, so hopefully treatment will go fast being that we'll already know what to do. I think the problem is that I tried to run too much too fast. I guess at this point there isn't much I can really do beyond what I'm already doing. (Rest Ice Compression Elevation.) As you can guess I'm completely annoyed that I am unable to train and continue getting mentally prepared for the race as well. I can do my best to mentally train for the race without physically training, but it throws a few things off. I already plan on having to run through quite a bit of pain, and don't really plan on walking much after the race to rest my body as much as I can. We'll see how that all goes though! Over and out!

Lo

1 comment:

a said...

Wow, your blog is VERY educational! :) My friend Helen is a running blogger as well, so you might enjoy checking out her site (linked at mine).

I woke up this morning with a sore throat (hope I'm not getting Laura's cold)...and I immediately thought, "What would L.C. recommend?"

Hang in there! God is using you in very mighty ways, especially in our little store. It's so great to have your sunshine around!

Mel D.