Saturday, April 28, 2007

Neti...what!?

Okay so this is called a "Neti Pot". You put warm salt water in it and then place it to one nostril (with your head tilted) and then the water goes up your nose and helps to clean your nasal cavity. I was very skeptical about the whole thing but was in a bit of pain from a nasty head cold that I wonderfully got last night. So I figured why not give it a try! Well I did...and it seems to have helped. I've done it a few times now. You definitely want a lot of Kleenex, and a big glass of water to drink after the process.

I heard about this crazy thing from my boss today at work, which she heard about it from Dr. Oz on the Oprah show. So I called Whole Foods to see if they still had some in stock. It's a good thing that I called and had them hold one for me because there were only three left! They said that since the show that they've been flying off the shelf. Not at all crazy, I mean it's on the Oprah show of course it's selling that well.

After all this fun I went down to the Plaza to meet up with Melissa to hang out and catch up. Dang was that so much fun, and so incredibly needed! Oh, and it's prom time, so there were a bunch of couples walking around and seriously what some of these girls were wearing...oh my! It took every ounce of self control not to laugh when walking by some of these girls. There was one dress that was so short that the girl was pulling it down in the back as she was walking so her butt wasn't showing...hello, don't wear it if you have to do that! Then there was the dress that looked like you were a gum drop...we saw many different colored gum drops while down there. Then there was my favorite...I don't even know how well I can describe it on here, but I literally started laughing the second after we passed the group of kids. It was a purple dress that came to about mid thigh, then blue poofy/netting/stuff to her feet...I could barely hold in my laughter. Who would let their friend wear that!? If I for some unknown reason decide to wear that dress...ever...hit me upside the head and knock some sense into me that I shouldn't! I so wish I had my camera with me so you could see what I'm talking about! Okay well that's all for now! Over and out!

Lo!

4 comments:

Lori Casto said...

hey girl,the prom dress thing is to funny, cheap intertainment anyway.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting!

a said...

You crazy Lauras! :) A neti pot?? What's next for you two?

Anonymous said...

melissa thinks we are crazy!! hey, people watching is one of my all time favorite pastimes!! prom dresses...what could top that? oh, i know a 100+ degree day at worlds of fun. girllllll....the things people wear!! laura d