Monday, May 07, 2007

Running, Music, & Friends

Well, I'm not crossing any finish lines yet, but I was able to start back running again! As you can imagine, I am so pumped! I am only allowed to run 3 miles each day for the next couple days, but I'll take what I can get right now! It felt really great just being back in the gym, getting my blood pumping, and my muscles moving again! Granted it's not like I haven't had my blood flowing, or my muscles moving, but there is something different when you have sweat dripping down your face! You may think this is gross, but let me tell you, it's awesome! It's something amazing when you hit each mile and you know that you can keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep chugging along. I have to get there mentally again with the race, but I'm slowly getting there. I've had some major set backs, but I'm not letting anything stop me. I've had so many people ask me if I'm still going to run the race because of the injuries and all. Every time I look at them, and say, "Yes, I'm not giving myself an option to back out." (Or something along those lines!) Anyway, along the same lines...I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo after I finish the race. Not sure exactly what my design will be but I'm coming up with a few things. Also not sure where I want to put it either. We'll see in about 26 days! Ha!

On a different note...I just bought Jon McLaughlin's new CD Indiana! So excited! It should be here by Thursday which can't come fast enough! You can buy his new album on amazon.com or on iTunes. I highly recommend that you check out his music. He's an incredibly talented artist, and hey he's from Indiana! Good, Christian, Midwest guy, who knows how to play the piano like no other! Check out his myspace here, or his official band website here.

One more thing...I've been thinking about friends a lot lately. No, not the amazing TV show, however it does rock! Anyway, I've come to the realization that my friends are awesome. Now this really isn't anything new but I've just been thinking a lot about them recently. I wouldn't be where I am right now if it wasn't for my friends and the love and support that they have given me throughout so many years. Then today I was browsing blogs and I came across Corey Mann's blog about friendship. Oh you really should just check it out for yourself...so go here to read all about it! I know that some of the elements of true friendship that Corey posted is a little hard to swallow, but I want it. Actually I've had the great privilege of having an amazing friendship with my best friend that has had these elements. True we haven't always had a great relationship because we are people, and we have pain to deal with, and have dealt with. But we have moved on from these times and it's amazing to see where our friendship is now. I am so blessed to have Melissa in my life, and that we have been able to experience so much together. There are so many other friends in my life who have made such a difference in my life and have helped to mold me into who I am today, so thank you. There is a quote that I love and I think I should end with it.

"Many people walk in and out of your life but only true friends will leave footprints on your heart."

~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Over and out!
Lo!

3 comments:

Jeanna said...

I am so excited that you get to run again!! YAY! NO MORE INJURIES!! Understand?? :)

Also I too read Corey's blog on friendship and reacted in a similar way - friendships, or relationships for that matter, are never easy when they go deep...but I wouldn't want it any other way...

Thank you for your friendship and the craziness you bring into my life - you are truly a blessing to me :)

Anonymous said...

I read his blog too :) I agree that it was hard to swallow. I have started to be friends with less people as I have gotten older because I don't have the time to put into the relationship what I should. You are definitely one of my girls and I miss you. I can't wait till you come home again!

Melissa said...

Oh you're so sweet! I love this blog...and the picture! :) It always makes me laugh. We should definitely get together at some point, even if it's just to chat at your apartment or my house...We need to catch up! Miss you!
Melissa