Friday, June 22, 2007

Work, but so much fun!

I've been working a LOT lately, but it's been worth it! We just finished our remodel and open tomorrow. It really looks like a brand new store! New colors, new fixtures, new carpet, etc. The new layout is amazing, and I think it will really help with the flow of customers. Plus the entire week that we've been working away, we've been able to listen to our own music! It really makes a HUGE difference!

One of my favorite things with the remodel is that we now have an additional 4 feet of Fresh Ink cards! They're my absolute favorite card line and I can't wait to look through them all and pick out my new favorites!

Today we were doing a lot of clean up work and finishing touches to give the store the right look. This meant taking a lot of trash out, and even at one point a hole group of us went out to move a large item into the dumpster. Well after deciding that the best way to get it in there was to open up the side and some how flip it in, we pushed and picked up as best we could. After realizing that we were going to have to hold it up while closing the door on the dumpster, I climbed up on top and did my best to hold on to it so the door could be closed and locked again. Then we cleaned up around the dumpster and then it was back up on the dumpster to smash boxes down so that nothing would stick out over the top. Seriously, I was having a BLAST jumping around on it! So yeah I've been working a lot, but it hasn't really felt all like work because our team is so great and always make it so much fun! For now, it's time for some serious rest! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

a said...

I'm glad it's done. Now we get to organize the back room!!

MelD