Friday, October 05, 2007

So excited!

Today there was an open house at Cleveland Chiropractic College for prospective students, as well as their home coming for the alumni. I was able to tour the campus that they are at now, which will be changing at the first of the year. Anyway, it was really great to walk around with current students and ask them questions about why they choose Chiropractic, as well as the 10 versus 12 trimesters. We toured the anatomy lab too, which I always enjoy, I'm weird...I know this already! It was great though, there were different organs out that we could look at; each had one healthy organ, as well as a couple with different pathologies too. They had a lung out that was unreal. It had emphysema and was so black from all the smoking that had taken place in the years that it was still attempting to work. There was also a liver that the previous owner had obviously been drinking pretty heavily with the cirrhosis that had taken place. If I ever had a problem with smoking or drinking, I think that would have done the trick!

At the lunch I met up with a couple of my Chiropractors and caught up with them as well as asked them some questions about their schooling at Cleveland. I have a lot more to figure out, as well as many more questions to ask, but this will tide me over for a little bit!

Lastly was a lecture on financial aid...always fun! Basically it all boils down to making and sticking to a budget, and knowing that you will end up borrowing an enormous amount of money. Still even though I already knew this going into it, the numbers seem so high, and always a bit of a shocker. There really isn't any way around it though, so I just have to keep pressing on! When I left, I was driving home and all I could think about was, I'm so excited! So excited to one day adjust bones and help people live a better, more pain free life. I know this, one, because I have experienced it myself, but also because I know that I have a ton of people pushing me towards this goal. It's all God that I'm still even considering this possibility as a reality. A year ago I would have laughed in your face had you mentioned me becoming a DC; now I would laugh in your face if you had said to stop when I finish MT school! Amazing what a year can do! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: