Saturday, January 19, 2008

Training again!

Well, it's time for me to start training for another half marathon! I'm going to set some serious goals for each week that will be difficult, but not impossible for me to reach each week. I'll be posting every week on my training blog if you would like to see how things are going. As for initial goals that I'm already setting for myself: working out at 5:30am every Monday- Thursday & 7am Friday-Sunday; eating no red meat, and only eating white meat on the weekends, yes that means vegetarian for the weekdays! These are going to be huge in the long run if I really stick to it. The first couple weeks are going to be especially hard getting up at 5:15, but I know that I have to do it then, otherwise it's very likely that I won't really work out when I actually go and do it in the evening. I will not only be running and doing other cardio type workouts, but complete core work outs as well. Most runners try to get a little bit of arm stuff into their workout, but I'm going to try and step it up even more. If all goes as planned, my goal should be reached! I'm shooting for 1:55:00; That would be taking eight minutes off from my last sunburst half. I'm really hoping for closer to 1:50:00, but we'll see how the training goes, and adjust accordingly. So for all of you out there who are training, good luck, and let me know how its going for you! It's always good to hear the progress from other runners! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: