Saturday, March 17, 2007

Possible surgery!? UGH!

Well I've been away from the blogging world for a while, so I'm going to update this a little bit. This past week has been crazy. Between class, work, and acupuncture appointments I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!

I had an acupuncture appointment on Tuesday, and was told to see how far I could walk with a vigorous pace before I started to feel pain. Well that didn't last long at all. I only was able to walk about a quarter of a mile before there was pain, and then stopped when I was at half a mile. It took every ounce of restraint to not up the pace to start running, yes even though I was in pain. I was, and still am so frustrated! I went back to my chiropractor on Friday and we sat down to talk about what is going on. She mentioned that she was frustrated that things aren't moving faster and thought that I must be frustrated as well! She couldn't have been more correct! She discussed with me about going to a family doctor to get an MRI done of my ankle (this is not my MRI, just a picture of one). We talked for a while about it, but even if they find a tear and want to do surgery, I wouldn't have it done until after the race anyway. So I'm holding off on that for now and I'll continue with the treatments that I've been receiving, but will have more aggressive treatments.

So after discussing my options for a little bit, I had my adjustments done, and then it was acupuncture time. She made a comment that she doesn't even need to look at the acupuncture site chart anymore because you can still see the pricks from the sessions before! Eek! Anyway, so when I was getting them put in she said that she was going to use a new point, but that it would be VERY painful, just to warn me. So I made sure to take a few deep breaths before she was to stick it in...in the very bottom of my heel! OUCH! I literally moved forward some when she did that, like I was trying to get away from the needle! It's a good thing that my pain tolerance is high, but dang that one really hurt! I also had the electrodes on longer than normal, in hopes of a faster recovery. So I'm not allowed to walk anymore than I have to, or anything else that would use my foot really. As you can guess, I'm so not excited about that, but there really isn't much I can really do. I did and get some insoles for my shoes that I wear for work, so hopefully that will help some too. I don't have another appointment until Wednesday, but I have a feeling I'm going to sit down and discuss my options with her further. I'm running the race...well okay, if I have to walk, or crawl, I'll do that too, but I'm going to finish it! Call me stubborn if you want, but I call it determination! Over and out!

Lo

No comments: