Sunday, March 01, 2009

Good ol' days!

Yesterday evening I was talking with my roommate about my nephew and her kids and some how that brought me to a story about when I was in grade school. Now granted this happened about 15ish years ago...Anyway, so one day I missed the bus home from school, so I decided, well I better start walking home! At that time, our house was about 3 miles away, and I knew which way to go, even though I did have to walk through a neighborhood that wasn't all that great of a place to be. So I latched my lunch box to my backpack and went off on my journey home. I walked with a purpose and made sure to keep looking forward but made sure to keep aware of my surroundings. I got about a half mile from my house at a pretty busy intersection and I hear someone honking at me and telling me to get in the car. I was to have nothing of that because I wasn't about to get into a car, my parents taught me well! The car pulls up next to me and I hear (because I still wasn't about to look over at this guy telling me to get in) "It's me, dad, get in the car!" I look over and my dad was in our car! So I get in and he tells me that my friend said that I wasn't on the bus so he went to the school to pick me up, but I wasn't to be found, so he drove home figuring that I had walked home. Being that my dad and I think so much a like, he and I would have taken the same path, which we did! Anyway, so I made it almost all the way home before my daddy picked me up! Ah, the good ol' days!

Over and out!
Lo!

No comments: