Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is it Monday!?

Okay so I'm going to warn you first before you start reading further...I was very mad this morning and am going to post about it, however you may laugh at it, so take it for what it's worth.

So this morning after getting everything ready for class I go out to start up my car like usual when it's cold out. It was very cold out this morning around -10 when I went out to start up my car. Then it happened. I put my keys in the ignition, and nothing.

So I think, maybe I didn't turn it far enough, and try again. Still nothing! I go to pop my hood, and it wouldn't open! I pull harder on the handle to pop the hood, and it breaks! Yes that's right! The handle didn't break, but the cable broke! At this point I thrust my fist to the roof of my car...not happy! So I call a couple of my classmates to see if they are already at school, or if they could pick me up. Well no luck, so I figure I better bundle up, and walk to class. Now remember it's frigid out, so I put on some major layers! Think of the scene in A Christmas Story and you'll be close!

I had on a longsleeve, my scrub top, a sweatshirt hoodie, my North Face fleece jacket, my ski skull cap, another hat, gloves, & my back pack. I was something all right! So I lock up my place and figure I'm in for a long walk with it this cold, but really it's only about a half mile walk. I figure I'll at least try and start my car one more time before walking...and this time...it starts! Needless to say, I was not the most chipper person when I got in to class, but that didn't last long as I was laughing about this whole situation. So once I am home for break I'm going to fix my cable to the hood, and a few other things as well...like get new tires. This is yet another slight problem with the car...my front tires are slowly leaking air, so I have to check them regularly, and put air in occasionally. Lots to keep my busy! Okay, well hopefully you got a good laugh out of this! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: