Thursday, February 22, 2007

Unplugged!

Well for the next month and a week or so, I won't be watching television. Yep, that's right, I'm giving it up for lent! Now I know already that I watch way too much television and that I need to really cut back on that. My real focus though isn't that I won't be watching TV, but that I will be reading more, a lot more than I have been. (I literally am unplugging my television so that I can't even turn it on!)

Today I went and bought Shaunti Feldhahn's book, For Women Only. I'm already on to chapter three! I have a chapter left of another book that I've been reading (not a lot of lately), and should finish that up very soon. After these two books are finished I think I might go through some of the books that I've previously read and re-read them and get even more out of them. We'll see though because I think I might end up picking up For Men Only too and reading that one as well. Yes, I know it says for men only, but I feel like it would be a good book to read to better understand myself!

So unless I am at the gym, I won't be watching any television! The only reason I'll watch it while I'm at the gym is that they have little TVs on each cardio machine, which really helps me pass the time when I'm running for two hours! Although, that's another thing, being that I'm injured right now, I have even more time on my hands than normal, so even more time that would normally be spent watching TV, I'm now reading! Craziness I tell you! Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: