Monday, January 08, 2007

Awkward moments...

(This one's for you Lindsay!)

So today in class I was getting a full back half of the body massage done...Well this includes the glutes, so...this means that I had to be completely nude! Yeah, I so wasn't excited about that! Anyway, to make things even more fun, there then happens to be about....half a dozen people watching me get this done (this isn't including the therapist giving me the massage either!)! I was like, seriously, what is the deal here! My instructor then says, "Its like when you are having surgery done and everyone is watching above." I then say, "Yes, but that still doesn't help me relax!"

At this point the only thing I could think of was Lindsay's story about when she was having surgery, read here. I end up getting the massage, nothing too exciting really, but then it happens...To make matters, when I was turning back over (from my stomach to my back), I hear a pop, as does the girl working on me! Yeah I totally popped a groin muscle! OUCH! So all I wanted to do was lay there a little longer because I was in pain, but hello, I was naked! All I wanted to get off and put my clothes back on! So I hobbled around, put my clothes on and then laid back down on the table to get stretched out some. My instructor was stretching me out, and my goodness was I in some pain! She kept telling me to, "Breath, just keep breathing!" Then I was stretching out on the floor laughing with everyone else watching me. I was supposed to look like a frog, or that's how my instructor described it, and I'm pretty sure that I did from everyone laughing! After stretching for about 20 minutes, I was feeling much better and decided to go on with my day as planned...to go to the gym.

I figured that I should take it easy, so I only rode a 10k, or 6.2 miles, and then did some weights. I know that I need to really work on my leg strength in order to get past some of the knee injuries that I'm prone to. I'm trying to strengthen and tone my entire body, but I figure training in general will help with that. Anyway, after working out, other than being exhausted from the work out I wasn't in any pain really, which was great! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL...seriously, still makes me giggle. Welcome to my "wacky world"...its fun, its nutty, and well...just plain ridiculously silly =). I LOVE IT!!!