Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Keys & Ice!

So in order to tell you this story, I have to set the story up a little bit. Yesterday after working out I had to pick up a few things before I went home for the day. When I got home my hands were full, but I made sure to only make one trip of course! Well in doing so I guess I left my keys, yes my entire key chain (car, apartment, and mail box keys!) IN the door to my apartment! Well I didn't realize this and went to bed. I wake up at 1:15 am to someone pounding on my door, to which I don't understand why, because well, I was just sleeping! Anyway, so I go and answer the door to my neighbor above me informing me that I had left my keys in the door! So they had been in there for close to 12 hours! I couldn't believe I did this! Thankfully I don't live in a very heavy traffic area (people or cars), so nothing was taken or anything! I still can't believe I did that!

Okay, so on the the real crazy story! (As if that one wasn't crazy enough!) My day today started off like every morning. I got things ready to go for class, so I could actually eat a little breakfast, and possibly check my e-mail as well. After breakfast, I put everything in my car, started it up, and went back in to brush my teeth, and lock my place up (I didn't leave the keys this time!). I'm on my way to school, which is only about five minutes from my house, listening to the radio, and trying to warm up. On the road that is directly in front of my school, it is pretty curvy, and is kind of hilly as well, with the belly of the hill close to where I turn in to park. Well, I'm driving along, listening to my music, and I notice that cars are stopped ahead to let people walk across the street, so I go to slow down and turn to follow the road, and that's when it happens...I am turning the steering wheel, but my car is just sliding on the ice. It's not just sliding on the ice, but it is going towards two trees and a lamp post! So I try and maneuver the car, but nothing is working, so I brace for impact! So I actually figure that I'll try and go between the trees and try and miss the light post! Next thing I know, my car goes up on the curb, which gives me enough traction, and slows me down some so I can control the car some. At this point I'm still thinking that I am going to hit one of the trees, but try and turn my car away from it anyway, more so to avoid an almost head on collision! Well, as I turn my steering wheel, and I'm sure God was helping move my car too, I some how missed both trees! I didn't even scratch the car! After this, I parked my car, and sat there for a minute, thinking, "Did this really just happen!?" My adrenaline was pumping like crazy! So with all said and done, the car is fine, and more importantly, I am fine as well! I sure was awake for the rest of the day! Yikes! Over and out!

Lo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, i am so glad you are ok, you know God has his hand on you girl.

Anonymous said...

WOW. I would have freaked out. I'm glad you are okay! Craziness! =)

Jeanna said...

Dang girl! You have had some crazy stories lately...but after all you were always the friend with the crazy things happening to her :) God is really watching out for you!