Friday, January 05, 2007

Testing, running, napping...

Today in class we took our weekly quiz, which doesn't count for anything and a good portion of the questions we haven't even gone over the information. This is the first quiz that I did terrible, but there was a ton of stuff that we hadn't even seen yet, so I'm not worried about it. Still I was hoping to do better than I did, but that just gives me something to strive for next week. After the first part, lecture, we went to another class room to help out a medical assistant class. There were several different stations set up to check for different things such as, cholesterol, blood sugar, mono, strep, vitals, pregnancy test, urine screening, etc. I had both my cholesterol, 44, and my blood sugar, 20, checked while I was there. After my blood sugar was checked the girls around me kept telling me to go drink some orange juice, or eat a Snickers! I'm not sure what my usual blood sugar is, so I don't know if that actually is low. We'll be doing this every Friday, so I plan on tracking both of these, as well as get my vitals taken to see how my training is affecting my body.

After class I went to work out for a while, which I haven't done in almost two weeks. I ended up running a 5k like usual, and in a pretty regular time, but I really want to get it a few minutes faster so I can at least finish the half marathon in a reasonable time. The great thing was that when I finished running, my knee didn't really bother me! So I'm going to see how the next day is, maybe bike tomorrow to give it some time off, then run the following time I go in. I don't want to stress it out too much and end up really injuring myself before I start training hard.

After I got home and had lunch and did a few other things I decided to take a nap. Well I ended up sleeping for about an hour and a half! I think I could have slept the rest of the night and be okay with it though. I thought that I should try and get some studying in though, so I got up, but we'll see how much I get done. Some is better than nothing though! Over and out!

Lo

No comments: