Sunday, January 07, 2007

WAA HOO!!!

Well, I just bought my plane tickets home! (I bought the tickets early afternoon, but wanted to tell a few people before I posted this.) This is months in the future, but I needed to jump on it because I really didn't think I would find tickets around the times I need, or this cheap again. So I called my mom to make sure that I should do it, and she told me what I was hoping to hear, "Buy it now before the price goes up!" And I did! So you might be wondering why am I coming home? (Okay, other than being able to see so many people that I love and miss!) I'll be running in the Sunburst race this coming June, so it would be a really good thing if I was actually in town for it! That brings me to the next thing that I wanted to mention.

I registered for the half marathon today, and am now all set, well other than training. I'm back to training again, but it's defintely a struggle. I think its more of an emotional/mental struggle than anything. Signing up for the race really was emotional for me. See, I'm not running this race just to run, I'm running it in honor of my cousin who passed away 2 years ago this March 31st. We had talked about running a race together for a few years, and never got the chance to do it. So this year, I'm running, and I'll have her with me every step of the way, both in spirit, and on my left hip (my new tattoo). If you're in the area, June 2nd, please come out and watch the races, the finish line is in the ND stadium! Thanks so much for your support! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Yea Buddy! You know I will be there waiting for you at the end!