Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Unexpected blessings...

So I just had a totally unexpected conversation with a friend of mine that I haven't talked to in a while (this seems to be happening more often recently!). He was one of the only good things to come of me living in Texas. Anyone who has known me for more than about a week, knows that Texas and I don't really get along all that well. Anyway, so I was just loading some CD's on my computer and I get a message from my friend, so I start talking to him about how things are going, how he is doing, etc. Then he asks me if he can get serious with me for a minute, so I of course say yes and let him take the conversation where he wants it to go. So he said that he wanted to thank me for the way that I handled the whole situation (basically, it was a very bad roommate situation, but I feel that we've moved on finally.) when I was down there. That he, and I both, wish that things could have been differently played out, etc. But a few of the things that really stuck out was the fact that he said that he respected my opinions, humor, friendship, and walk with God, and that I handled things in a really classy way. I was like wow, I didn't think that I made that much of an impact, but I guess that's just it. You never know just who is watching you, or who you are impacting daily, and that in the time that I felt like I was a failure at everything, that that is when he saw these qualities in me! I can't tell you how great it was to know that, and from someone who was as close to the situation as someone could get without being in it, that really meant a lot. To know that I made this lasting impression on him has really made me think about how I handle situations in life, whether they are wonderful, or miserable, that I stand by what I say, and that I make sure that I honestly mean them with my full heart. I feel so blessed right now! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

I have chills right now. Lindz and I were talking about this exact thing right about the time you posted this blog! How you never know who is watching you and that often times people are watching how we handle the hard stuff in our lives.

Great thing to always remember - nothing is invisible...