Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Don't Run, Walk!

Well as much as I would love to be running, I'm unfortunately not. My massage therapist instructor said that the best thing for me right now is to rest my legs, specifically my right one, but you really can't run using only one leg! Today in class my instructor stretched out my leg and was doing a little bit of deep tissue work, but when she was stretching my leg it literally was shaking. She thinks that I've over worked them and that I need to take some much needed rest. I told her that I haven't run in a few days (since last Friday actually), that I had been using the elliptical instead! No good apparently! So instead of running, or using the elliptical I walked. UGH! I was so not happy about that, but I also know that if I don't rest my legs that I could possibly injure them even more and the half marathon will only be a dream. After working out I then got Epsom salt and baking soda to soak in them and some hot water once I got home. I'll see tomorrow if there is any improvement, but I sure hope so! As for now, I'm thinking that I won't run again until next week, but I think this is going to hurt me more emotionally than physically. There is just so much tied up in this race that has nothing to do with being in shape. Hopefully my legs will cooperate in a timely fashion so I can get back to really training again. Over and out.

Lo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's gotta be hard when you have to stop doing something you love for awhile, especially with your race this summer. But keep in mind that it's this summer and right now you need to heal. Doctors orders! Ok, well not from me, but pretend Melissa told you. She's much closer to being a doctor than me, lol

Jeanna said...

I always knew you were one to push yourself too hard :)

I am sure you will heal fine and there we will all be at the finish line of the Sunburst yelling at the top of our lungs!! We'll have a moment :)

Keep your chin up - you are a strong chica, I know you will be back to running again soon :) Maybe this is just a time to slow down... :)