Monday, September 25, 2006

An Amazing God story! & dvd drive....

Okay if you haven't read the entry from yesterday, you should it will help out in understanding this one...then come back and read here....

Okay so yesterday I wrote about how I wasn't feeling like I was saying much to the people around me about my faith, and what makes their heart beat fast, well get this! Today for class we had mock interviews, both as employer, and potential employee. I was paired up with one of the girls that I talk to everyday, and have gone out to lunch with before. She started the interview process as the employer, so I was answering a bunch of different questions for her. She came to one question in particular, "What motivates you?", so I said, my faith, my family and my friends. Then more questions from the interview. Then it was my turn to interview, yada yada. After all of this we did some other activities in class; figuring out our dream businesses and such, took a break, etc. I didn't think much of what I had said really, then about 10 minutes before class lets out she asks me what church I go to! I was like, uh, what!? So I told here where I've been going, and a little bit about the church back home. Thinking the whole time nothing of it really. So then she asked me who I go with, so I explain to her that Melissa comes if possible, but I'll generally be going by myself because of her schedule. I then decide to throw her a question to see where she goes with it..."Would you like to go with me sometime?" "Maybe, I'd have to check and see if I work, because I usually work on Sundays." AWESOME! So we keep talking about church and where she used to go back home. Then she said to me that she is ready to go back to church though, and that she wants to go back. So I figured that we might talk about it again some time and see if she still wanted to check it out, and then she said, "When we go to our cars I'll let you know if Sunday works out." AMAZING! So we get to where our cars are and she checks, and she doesn't work! So this weekend it looks like we are going to meet up for church! We're going to talk about it a little bit more near the end of the week, but it looks like we are going this weekend! I'll be sure to keep you updated! Please say some prayers!

On a different note, I just completely dismantled my computer, and put a new CD/DVD drive in! I'm talking I had about 40 screws out, keyboard off, back off (well almost), etc.! I never thought I'd do that! Just thought you would like to know that! It turns out, I'm still handy! I was wondering because I haven't been handy lately. Well until next time...Over and out!

Lo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff. does the church have a website?
i can't believe you took apart your computer, you are brave.
i mowed once.

Jen said...

LAURA!
I'm sooo proud of you lady! haha... you know, for the whole taking apart your computer thing. sweetness! And the God story... that is awesome! Know that I will definitely be praying for you and your friend this weekend. Keep me posted on how that works out.

Ok.. well, gotta get back to work here ;) Hope your week is going well and talk to you again soon!