Sunday, September 24, 2006

Church & extra thoughts...


Well today I went to Westside Family Church which is about 20-25 min drive for me. It's similar to GCC, but on a smaller scale, and not so "loud" with the music. The message was good, and I took a few things away from the service. The pastor said that whenever he leaves his mom's house she always says, "Be careful sweetheart!" and he wants to just one time hear her say, "Go out there, and live life to its fullest! Seize the day! Take all that you can out of each day!" That's it! Why do I try to be so careful all the time? I mean, it's okay to be careful, especially in certain situations, driving, surgery, etc. But why is it that I step back and take the safe road rather than ruffle a few feathers and really dig into peoples hearts. Find out what makes their heart beat fast. I really miss that from home. I know that I'm out here for a reason, but I feel as if I'm not stepping up to the challenge right now. Do my classmates even know that I'm a christian? They know that I love football, they know where I am from, and where I want to be going, but do they really know why? I'm not saying that I feel like I should stand up in the middle of class and profess my faith, but the classmates that I'm close with, that I talk to all the time, why not talk to them?

I feel blessed right now that I am away from home. Don't get me wrong, I miss being home dearly, but I am so blessed. I am away from so many comforts, which is in return having me rely on God more on everything. I'm realizing that now more than I have so far. I think it's good to get away from the place you are so comfortable around, and really stretch your faith, really let yourself grow, and be vulnerable. It's not easy, but it can be done; and when it is done the results are amazing. God does amazing things, if we only trust Him. This weekend was good, but I have tons of thoughts running through my head. (Partially why I'm not getting ready for bed yet.) Over and out!

Lo!

**Please say some prayers for a friend of mine. Thanks!**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i work there. haha. thanks for visiting!!!! let me know if you're interested in any info or if you're interested in gettting involved! college ministry meets on tuesday evenings at 7pm.

or if just need some in town to talk to - that's me!

take care.
Crystal