Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blisters & Shoes

Okay, first off...as requested...the websites to both churches referenced recently, just click on the name of the church you want to check out:
Westside Family Church in Lenexa, KS
Granger Community Church in Granger, IN

So today I decided to go drop a few snail mail items off at a near by drop box, then possibly go for a run. Well, after returning back to my apartment to drop off a few things, I decided to go ahead and run. I recently bought a new pair of running shoes because my old ones were, well way over due to be trashed. I mean the soles aren't even there in a few spots anymore! There isn't much traction left to keep me from falling if it's slick, etc.


So when I was out shopping this past weekend I went into the Adidas outlet store! Oh, I was so happy! See, I only buy Adidas brand shoes, and even prefer the apparel too, so I was very happy to find this place! I ended up getting a new pair of shoes for only $30, which is amazing!


I tried them out today for the first time, knowing that I need to break them in and will not be able to run as far as I would like because my feet aren't used to the shoes yet. Well after about 2 -2 1/5 miles, I had to actually stop, and take off my one shoe because I could feel the blister! UGH! No worries though, this is most definitely not the first time I've had blisters before! So after taking my shoe off I walked the rest of the way home with one shoe on and one shoe off, which I'm sure looked funny. There was actually a crew out working on putting up new power line poles and one of the guys asked me if my foot got hot! Well, not exactly! So tomorrow I think I'll give my feet a rest, and try and do some squats or something in my apartment, because I don't want to deal with an even worse blister than I already have. Over and out!

Lo!

2 comments:

Jen said...

ooo.. I love the new shoes. Very cool colors. Hopefully you will break them in soon.. and then, goodbye blisters!

Jeanna said...

I only wear Adidas too! They need an adidas outlet here!!