Saturday, September 09, 2006

Jack Stack...& costumes!?



So my parents, Melissa and I went to Jack Stack for dinner tonight, and it was AMAZING! I completely expected that though, so that was nice. This was the first time that my parents had been there though, so it was awesome to have them taste KC if you will. We had great service, along with a side of....uh, what!? Well, see there was this couple that was sitting about 10 feet from us, with another couple from what I could tell, which well I'll try and explain. The one couple looked totally normal, but the other, well they were wearing costumes! Seriously, I'm talking an Amish get up, and a Scottish Celt, head dress, etc. I was like please tell me they were in a play of some sort and decided to stay in their costumes the rest of the night!? (We'll revisit this shortly!)

So after we finished dinner we decided to head down to the Plaza because it was beautiful out and we wanted to walk around and let my parents see what I talk about often when I talk about KC. We walked around to different stores, mostly window shopping because most stores were already closed. There were horse drawn carriages all over the place tonight...as were limos! We ended up sitting outside Starbucks enjoying each other's company and a little caffeine as well. After talking about the night, and what our plans are for tomorrow, look up and gaze at the beauty of the moon, etc. we see another horse drawn carriage. No big deal right!? Wrong, it was the couple that we had seen earlier at dinner! Still in their costumes, and now riding around in a carriage! I couldn't believe it! I tried to get my camera out to take a picture, but they were out of focus by the time my camera was ready to go. Seriously though, who goes out on a Saturday night in costumes!? Well, now that my stomach is more than full from dinner, and I'm getting a little sleepy, I guess I should go. Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: