Friday, November 10, 2006

Crossing the Finish Line!!!

WAAHOO!!! Why am I so happy you wonder? Well, I did it! I decided that I was going to seriously push myself this time when I went for my run. I wasn't going to settle for only 2.5-3 miles today. So I ran to Kansas, and kept going. I ran close to a 10k, or 6.1 miles, in about 50 minutes. I was very happy with this because I haven' done it in a very long time. The great part was that it wasn't even great conditions. The wind was strong at times, and it about 40 degrees out, but with the windchill it was in the mid 30's. The funny thing was that I felt like this was one of my best runs yet! So I really feel like I crossed a finish line today! I beat down a wall, and ran right over it. I have to continue to do that, but at least that wall is down, and out of my way for now. Tomorrow, I'm planning on running with one of my friends who is visiting from back home. I'm not thinking that we'll go as far though, but that's a good thing, I don't want to kill my body, I want to train it. Ah, I feel GREAT! I do have a few blisters, but those will go away with time, plus I'm used to them anyway. Over and out!

Lo!

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." ~Steve Prefontaine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you ran that far. YOU GO GIRL! We will definitely have to run when you are in town. I will have to buy some proper running clothes. Hopefully I will be ready for you by then. We'll see. I have never been the greatest running, so I plan to be ready by July.. Dec.. I dunno. haha We'll maybe get down the road... :P Got any tips for someone who gets cramps pretty early?