Saturday, November 18, 2006

Running & ND Football, a fairwell....

Today I went for a run before I did just about anything else once I got up. Literally, I got out of bed, and got ready for a run. I wanted to run before I ate or anything so I could use up any stored glucose rather than what I just ate. Anyway, so I get out there and start my run. Only about a mile, mile and a half in I really am having a hard time breathing. So I figure once I get to about the two mile mark I'll stop there and stretch out a little and see if that helps. Well, no luck, and I actually started to feel worse...I'm not going to go into detail...(Jeanna was lucky enough for me to give her the whole story!). So I turned around and ran back home. I still got four miles in, but was hoping for six, so we'll see how tomorrow goes!


I watched the final Notre Dame home game for this season today. I must say, I was not ready for it. It came too fast. I really wish that they had a home game next week so I could experience the atmosphere this year. Next year maybe! Anyway, so I was watching it, cheering like usual, getting into the game trying to figure out why the ref called this or that, etc. It was a good game, and both teams really played like they actually had class which is nice to see. Lately it seems like most teams lack that. Not today though. At the end of the game Army players went over to where their cadets were sitting, and their band was and stood as their school song was played, and ND players stood right with them, helmets off, honoring the players and cadets. After they were done, the ND band started to play the ND fight song, and the ND players went over to student section to thank the students and then have their school song played as well. The Army players stood right behind them just as ND had done for them. It was really a great show of respect to both teams, and really showed a lot of class. Well done today boys! As I was watching this, I literally had chills up and down my body. Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: