Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend Recap...

So I thought I would post and recap the past couple days, so here goes!

Friday Melissa and I left her parents house right around 0700 and thankfully didn't hit much traffic. We got to the Bend right around 1430 SB time, which was right on with what I was thinking. My parents were happy to see us, as was Scruffy! The house looks really great now! I mean, you can actually see it from the street...the mounds of dirt are finally down! I then went over to a friends house to hang out and catch up for a little bit. Such great times! Too short, but I'll take what I can get! Then it was over to another friends house for dinner! Yum! Dinner was great, and the conversation was wonderful. Next it was time to head home to meet up with more friends and reconnect some more. We made a trip to the new Martin's, which you really had to be in the car to understand just how much fun we had! Back to my house, played a few rounds of Boxers or Briefs, which if you haven't played this game I suggest it, fun times! We then kicked the boys out and had girls night with a couple friends. Stayed up late like we usually do when we get together.

Saturday my family was coming over for Thanksgiving dinner so it was crazy at my house. I went over to a friends house to spend a little bit more time with her before the weekend was up, then back to my house to get ready for dinner. There was family everywhere! Dinner was great as expected, and the company was crazy as expected! Haha! I've told Melissa before that my family is weird, but she got a whole new taste of what I meant...My grandpa brings a keyboard in from his car and plugs it in and he starts playing and my grandma starts singing...not just anything though, polka type music. Yikes, that's when I leave the room and don't look back! Melissa kept telling me to make a request, knowing that I would not be able to leave for at least a half hour! Oh, my family! I love them, even though they are a tad on the crazy side...makes life interesting! After dinner it was time for church, so did some hair and yes even some make up touch ups! Crazy I know! Church was AMAZING! Dr. Bob opened up his heart and really let it all out for us to learn from. The songs were really great too. It was so wonderful to be able to go back and worship like that again. After church a bunch of people went back to my house for some food and hanging out. At one point I was laughing so hard I was crying, it was awesome! I didn't watch much of the game, but I think that was a good thing because I was having too much fun, and I didn't want to have anything ruin it.

Sunday was spent packing up and then stopping at a few places to say goodbye to some friends. We were on the road by 1030 KC time, which was ahead of schedule! The drive to St. Louis went really well, not much traffic which I couldn't really believe, I mean Sunday after Thanksgiving! We got to Melissa's parents house around 1630 KC time, had a little dinner, picked up Bentley then it was on the road again a little after 1700. That's when everything got crazy. No traffic really until this point, so we were thinking we'd be back in KC on time. Well, that wasn't the case so much, there was crazy traffic. I was going about 5mph for about a half hour. Then we finally got through that load of traffic and about an hour later maybe another huge load of traffic. Same thing, barely moving again. We ended up getting into KC around 2130, so about an hour, hour and a half longer than it should have taken. It really wouldn't have been all that bad, but I had a terrible migraine throughout most of the day. I ended up getting back to my place around 2215, brought my stuff inside, and shortly after went to bed.

Today was my first day of my 3rd section. I'm going to be doing some serious studying! I'm excited for this section, its just a change of pace from the last section. We'll be doing body work the second half of class, every day. So that will be nice because then I can really get the hang of what I'm doing. Oh, a fun little thing that happened today in class. We were going around the room introducing ourselves and what section this was for us. So as we are going around the room the instructor for our body work looks at me and says, "Aren't you pretty far through your program?" I look at her kind of funny like, what? "No, this is only my third section." "Oh, well I guess I just thought you were further." So then everyone around me who started with me says, "No she's just smart." I was like, "Well I don't know about that, but now you've given me a huge thing to live up to!" Well, that's all for now, but I feel like I might post on here again later on. Over and out!

Lo

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Smarty!

I'm kinda sad you are done with nutrition...I wont be hearing random pointers you had learned in class :(

Glad to you guys made it home safe and I LOVE all the time I got to spend with you this weekend! I'm calling it a primer for Christmas break :)