Thursday, November 30, 2006

No Classes Today...

Well today classes were cancelled because of weather. Last night we had a bit of an ice storm come through, so other than main roads its still pretty nasty out there. Well, being from the wonderful Michiana area, this is nothing for me, but hey if I don't have to go to class, I'm okay with that too!

I actually got up pretty early to check closings and see if in fact I needed to actually get ready for class. I then decided to layer up and trek out to a mail box to drop off a bunch of mail. It's about a half a mile round trip, which isn't too bad, but the windchill was frigid! I got back and got some coffee going, warm socks, my slippers and of course...my sleeping bag!!!

**This is actually not from today, but really if you were to walk in, that's pretty much how I would look!**

See I haven't turned on my heat yet, but let me explain first. I'm in the middle of two apartments, so I'm pretty well insulated, so it's still right around 70 degrees in my apartment. Plus I'm the only one here anyway, and I don't mind it being a little bit on the cooler side...I sleep better that way anyway. Yes, I fully expect that many people think I'm crazy, but really is this new!? I don't think so!

So today I've been studying my musculoskeletal notes, and making note cards. I'll probably get a little bit more studying done, but then I think it's back to writing Christmas cards, and other random fun cards! Then it's Grey's Anatomy time...but this time instead of heading over to Melissa's, I think I'm going to stay in because it looks like we are going to get a load of snow this evening. I don't mind driving in the snow, I love it in fact, but I don't know how everyone else drives around here in it! I hear that back home is going to have a nice dumping of snow in the next day or two...although, I've heard that the next week there are chances for snow every day! Fun times with snow! Stay warm! Over and out!

Lo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brrrrrrrrr, it got cold here today but i think we dodged all the snow, gee darn, NOT!
Stay warm and for pete sakes turn on your heat silly girl!