Sunday, November 19, 2006

Some thoughts...

Well, I can't sleep, so I figured I would write some and maybe that would help. The only problem is that what is on my mind I don't feel that it should be posted on here. It's between me and God. Which is fine, just a hard thing to do at times. I'm doing my best to give all of what is on my mind and heart to Him, and lay it at His feet, but it's much easier said than done. When I was ready for bed I prayed like I usually do. This time though, I sat there for about a half hour just trying to get my mind clear. Trying to give all of what was on my mind to Him. I'm not really sure exactly where my mind is right now. It's all over the place. I'm so excited to come home and see my family and friends again, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. I still have a day of class, and want to make sure that I make the most of it. I will also be spending a few days in St. Louis before heading all the way home. I am so thankful that I will be Melissa and her family on Thanksgiving, but I want to make sure that I am there in the moment, and that I also give them their room to be a family. I love Thanksgiving, and all of the tradition that it holds, and the family that I'll get to see who I usually don't see. Last count my mom said there will be 35 people at our house for dinner! Wow! That means that I'll get to reconnect with them, and tell everyone how things have been going for me away from home. I'm excited for this up coming week, and pray that I will really be there in all of the moments. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and a lot to remember as well. I'm hoping that while I'm on this little vacation that I can refocus, and really reconnect with God. I want to take advantage of the time away from the norm, and stretch my mind. Over and out.

Lo

No comments: