Friday, October 06, 2006

40,000 miles...& counting!



**Okay, first off, I know that it says 40,102 but when I bought the car it had 102 miles on it!**

So where all have I gone in 40,000 miles? Well, here are a few, along with some memories that can't be separated from the miles!

Ball State/Anderson - travels down to see friends, and catch a Dave Barnes/Jon McLaughlin concert! Awesome, fantastic, amazing times!

New Orleans - Right around Christmas I drove down to visit a few friends, and road trip back with one of my friends. It was an awesome road trip, some amazing conversations!

New Orleans & Valdosta, GA - I was only planning on going to GA, but decided to throw in an extra stop along the way.

Chicago Midway Airport - multiple trips to pick up and drop off Melissa. Of course Melissa and I had amazing conversations! One of the times (Labor Day weekend '05) we were up at St. Joe beach and stopped by Redamaks for burgers on the way to the airport. I found out that Redamaks burgers can be eaten while driving, but takes major skill!

Chicago (just the city this time) - multiple times to visit one of my friends from my high school days...a few Dave Barnes/Matt Wertz/Jon McLaughlin concerts.

Timber Wolf Lake - (a Young Life camp in MI) a few times for work weekends, and such! Love it up there!

Colorado! - (yet another Young Life camp) This was an amazing experience! 6 weeks of being out in the middle of the mountains...5 weeks of working, and one amazing week where I actually was out on the trail! While out there I made some great friends and awesome memories, and I even got a massive burn on my leg...2nd degree burn...Ouch!

KC - multiple trips...some late at night by myself...some with Melissa after visiting the Bend...but all were awesome, and well worth the long haul!

St. Louis - Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows concert for Melissa's birthday! Talk about an amazing time! About 13+ hours driving all together, 6+ hours waiting for the concert & hanging out at the concert! Yeah, it was awesome!

St. Joe/New Buffalo - ah, the beach...plus a beautiful wedding! & Of course Redamaks too!

Milford aka "the Cottage" - a few times throughout the summer hanging out down at the cottage... birthday celebrations, and just plain hanging out! Great times! Ah yes, fun times!

I can't wait for the next 40,000 miles and the memories they will bring! Over and out!

Lo!

PS~ I got some snail mail today! Yeah, I'm excited!

No comments: