Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pumpkins & rain!


Well, it's that time of the year when pumpkins are being bought so fast that they can hardly be kept on the shelves! So Melissa and I picked up a few ourselves, and tried our own hand at carving them! It was quite an interesting endeavor considering a couple of her cousins joined us in the fun...that made for some serious laughter! You had to be there, otherwise I would explain, but it really wouldn't do it justice! So here are our pumpkins!

This fun creation is mine...I couldn't get it exactly how I wanted it, but it's close enough, and my hands and arms started looking orange, and smelling like a pumpkin so I stopped before it was a problem! It was fun though. I hadn't carved pumpkins in a long time...I felt like a kid again!
This is Melissa's! I thought it turned out GREAT! She sat there for quite a while getting it to look like that, but it looks really awesome! The hard part was getting the candle lit, and keeping it lit! It was windy out which created a bit of a problem...but we're both pyro's so it wasn't too terrible!

On a different note, I went running today...in the rain! It was great, other than the fact that I was just about running in a creek! My shoes are soaked and sitting out on my deck drying out! I felt like I was back in high school running cross country. It was about 50 degrees out and raining...it was like semi-state! Well, it felt like high school other than the fact that there wasn't a race that I was running in, other teams, and an added 25-30 pounds! I love running in this type of weather though! You get done and your legs are red from the cold rain smacking your legs as you continue to run through the pain. You can barely feel your ears they're so cold. Your shoe almost comes off from running through the mud (or in my case once it actually did...not today though!). Ah, how I love it! I'm so glad I went running! Over and out!

Lo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!! Thanks for being a kid again with me! :) See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

the pumpkins turned out cute, someone told me to spinkle some cinnomon in the pumpkin when you light them with a candle.