Friday, October 13, 2006

Road trip! & Goals

Well today was my last day in my first section! I officially have one section under my belt! Only 9 more to go! After finishing up at school, I went home and cleaned up my apartment a little bit before getting thing packed up, and heading over to Melissa's. We were going to take off for St. Louis for the weekend. So we got on the road, and between the lack of sleep (especially on her part from studying for neuro), and lack of brain power (mine...well that's normal, hers from packing so much in for her exams), it was a crazy road trip. It's only about 3 hours from KC to STL, which doesn't really seem that long, especially with someone else in the car. It was so much fun though...at a couple points, I literally was crying I was laughing so hard! (Now, I know that most of our friends don't get to see Melissa...well at all right now, anyway.) So this really is the first time that I've seen Melissa in over a week, and I get to spend the whole weekend catching up! I'm so excited! It's really great! Time for me to re-energize a bit, and re-focus. Time to get away from the norm of class and such, to really sit back and take in the last couple months. I don't feel like I'm really settled yet, but each day it gets a little bit easier for me to be so far away. Don't get me wrong, I miss so many things from home....family, friends, a church that I love, random things like local news, Martins, etc. I know that I'm here for a reason, and I know that some day it will be made clear to me, just not in my time, but in God's time. I have to remember that daily.

On a slightly different note, I'm going to post a couple goals on here, because then I can't just say, oh, I'd like to do that, or maybe some day I'll do that. I feel like if I actually write them down, make them known to anyone who reads this that it will be more of a permanent thing. So here are a few things....

1. Run a half marathon this summer (hopefully I'll be home for the Sunburst)
2. Run a marathon before I turn 26...so in no more than 2 1/2 years.
3. Compete in a mini triathlon (basically its half of what a full triathlon is) by the time I'm 35.

So in order to achieve these goals, I'm going to have to step up my game. No slacking off on working out anymore. I have to go through and log all of my mileage and times. I need to make sure that I am really taking into account what I am eating, as well as how much I am sleeping. This can't be put on the back burner. I am going into nutrition for my next section, so this should help me out some. Now as far as how well I do in these races, well that's up to race day, but honestly right now as long as I finish, I really don't care the time...I would like it to be decent, but I don't feel as if I have to win for these goals to mean anything. Yes, I realize that these are all "physical" goals, but that goes hand in hand with my spiritual life as well. Granted, I really do want to set goals for these too, but I'm not sure exactly these goals are right now, and I really don't want to make them, just to make them. I'll see about making these goals at a later date. Until next time...Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: