Monday, October 09, 2006

Church on TV!?


Well, I just watched, "The New Adventures of Old Christine", this was my first time watching the show. I had seen some previews of what this episode was about and thought I might tune in. The show was about church, and why she was turned off when it came to church. She explained that when she was in middle school she was in search of who she was supposed to become and so she thought she would give church a try. After attending church for a while, she was completely turned off (more than likely by a human error from what I could tell). Anyway, so her ex took her son to church and he wanted to continue to go, so she decided to give it another try. She went, and once inside it was the whole thing of, singing too many verses, or reading along with the pastor when only the pastor was to be reading, cell phone going off, etc. I felt like they really hit the nail on the head, because I think that so many people are turned off from church because they aren't exactly sure what is going on. Anyway, the whole time she was at church she was searching for a sign, and I feel like so many of us have been, or are in the same place. It was really awesome to see it on prime time television. Who knows, maybe someone who watched the show wasn't thinking they would ever go back to church, but is thinking that they might give it another try. Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: