Sunday, October 22, 2006

Anger!?

Today at church I felt like the pastor had been following my life for the past six months. It totally penetrated my heart. I haven't felt so, inspired (I think that's the word I want there) to work on things in my life in a long time. I know though, that this is a process, a huge process, and one that at times will be painful. I also know though, that it is necessary. I want to move on from this too! I don't want this aspect of my life to control me.

"Behind every anger there is hurt; behind every hurt there is a problem that needs healing"
- Pastor Dan Southerland

Proverbs 14:29 (NLT)
"People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness."

Proverbs 15:1 (NIV)
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Proverbs 29:22 (NLT)
"An angry person starts fights; a hot-tempered person commits all kinds of sin."

Hopefully these verses will continue to penetrate my heart, and help me through this time of pain and healing. Over and out.

Lo

No comments: