Friday, October 27, 2006

Puddle jumping!


Today after class I ran around doing some errands, nothing exciting really, but I didn't think I would have time to get a run in after I got home. Well I guess all my errands didn't take nearly as long as I was thinking it would. So I went out for my run. It was one heck of a course because of the rain recently. The trail that I run on is paved, but everytime it rains, it floods. So I knew I was going to be dodging some puddles, and making my own trail at times. I had run through some small puddles nothing too exciting yet....then came the bridge! I run under the bridge following the path. However, because of the rain, there is a layer of mud. This layer though, is hard to see when you are running up to it. You can't tell where it starts exactly. Needless to say, I started to slip! No worries though, I didn't fall! I ended up climbing up on these rocks to cross under the bridge. It was crazy! I thought I was going to fall a few times on the way there, as well as on the way back. The run back was painful though. I couldn't breath very well, and my chest was feeling really tight. I took it a little slower on the way back, but still made it a pretty good run. Over and out!

Lo!

No comments: