Monday, October 16, 2006

Nutrition & Familiar faces!

Today was my first day of my second section and it went really well. I'm in nutrition & herbology for the next six weeks. I already feel like I can't eat anything anymore from what we learned today. I really would love to change some of my eating habits, but I'm sure that will take some major time to change. Our new instructor is a chiropractor, and is actually really funny, and makes learning all the information not all that bad. I was taking tons of notes, which was actually really nice. In my last section we didn't really do much note taking because we really only had the one big project. I like it this way much better.

After class I went home, changed and then headed over to Westside Family Church because some people from GCC were there setting up workshops for tomorrow. It was so great to see familiar faces again! I got to see Lindsay which was so wonderful! (Okay, so this picture is about 2 months old, but I didn't get a pic today, so this will have to do!) It was good catching up a little bit with her, but definitely not enough time at all. I helped set up the different rooms, and then was able to just hang out with everyone and catch up on how things are going back home. It was really fun seeing a few of the pastors outside of church (GCC), and laughing with them. I really had a great time helping Lindsay set up the different rooms, and feeling almost like I was back home working again. It was great. For those few hours, I felt absolutely at home. When I left, I felt like I was leaving home all over again. I mean for those few hours I felt back in my element helping to set things up for workshops, talking with fellow GCC staff, etc. I miss it so much. I know that I'm out here for a reason, as a few of the GCC folks took advantage of, but it's hard when you miss home so much. I mean, it's wonderful anytime that I get to see Melissa because I can totally be myself and not think about anything, but this is different seeing people that I used to work with. People I saw every week for hours, for almost 9 months...I love these people and miss them so much. Every time I walk into a church I have this small hope that I have opened the doors back to GCC and am home again. Maybe that's not healthy, but it's where I'm at right now. For whatever reason it's really hitting me right now. I'm sitting here almost in tears I miss it so much! I miss getting to work early, before anyone and walking around the building making sure everything is how it should be; I miss sharing life with my fellow co-workers; I miss our staff meetings; I miss hearing so many God stories all the time; I miss walking around talking to people from so many different departments and walking away from conversations that are amazing; I miss leaving work feeling like I really helped out in a bunch of different ministries; I miss talking with my boss, supervisor, co-workers, etc. and really listening to what each other is saying; I even miss running the trash all the way out to the huge trash can! Okay enough of that stuff...I don't want you to think that I didn't have a wonderful time with Lindsay, and everyone else from GCC because I did! I wish that she was in town longer so I could actually hang out with her, but I guess that will have to wait until I'm home for Christmas. Anyway, today was a really...um...I guess roller coaster sort of day. Over and out.

Lo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i probably saw you and didn't know it. no, i am stalking you. i work at westside. haha. :)